When you’re working too much, your brain can get clogged sometimes. You might feel a little dizzy, confused, and forget many information. It’s natural sometimes because human brain needs rest to function properly. On the other hand, if the same feeling lasts for a longer period of time, it may be a symptom of brain fog. It’s not really a medical condition but something you can’t even avoid too.
It’ll severely hamper your daily life and you’ll lose motivation constantly. It’s not actually one condition rather a bundle of symptoms which we’ll discuss in the later section. In this article, we’ll provide you with as much information as possible regarding brain fog so that you can be sure if you really have it. Most importantly, we’ll discuss how to get rid of brain fog to provide you solutions. So, keep reading this article to get insightful knowledge about brain fog.
Table of Contents
- What does Brain Fog Mean?
- What are the Symptoms?’
- What are the Reasons of Brain Fog?
- How to Get Rid of Brain Fog?
- How Long does Brain Fog Last?
What does Brain Fog Mean?
Brain fog is a mild cognitive repairment that can affect your day-to-day tasks in a great way. You might find difficulty in performing even the easiest tasks and feel like your head is totally fogged. The once functioning nervous tissue will seem like a cotton candy now. You’ll constantly lose focus; perhaps it’s already hard for you reading this article.
Well, brain fog is not a medical condition as we said earlier. So, if you’re experiencing one, it’s not something like you’ll need to see a healthcare provider. By applying tons of techniques at home you can actually get rid of it by your own. However, brain fog can be a potential symptom of so many deadly diseases like Alzheimer’s Disease and multiple sclerosis.
So, if you have doubt that you might be suffering from any medical condition, it’s wise to go have a checkup at the hospital.
What are the Symptoms?
As we mentioned earlier, brain fog can be a combination of symptoms. Only if you have experienced all of them or at least most of them, you can claim that you have brain fog. Let’s look at the symptoms for more clarity.
- Lack of Concentration
- Constantly losing focus
- Mental Flatlining
- Chronic fatigue
- Fuzzy Thinking
- Memory problems
- Problem solving difficulties
- Cognitive Decline
What are the Reasons of Brain Fog?
Lack of Sleep
If you’re lacking sleep constantly, you might suffer from brain fog. Human being requires average sleeping hours in different stage of life. The number of hours may vary in each age but it’s necessary to meet up the demand of your body. Without proper rest, our brain stops functioning in the normal way and causes brain fog.
Poor food habits can lead to lack of nutrients in your body. The brain won’t get its food and it’ll stop functioning. It’s a must to keep your vitamin levels high to get the maximum output from your brain.
Increased amount of stress can cause some serious damage in the body. People who suffer from sever anxiety and stress are highly prone to an increase in the cortisol hormone. It may cause deadly cognitive malfunctions that may fog your brain easily.
How to Get Rid of Brain Fog
We’ll discuss here some common solutions that you can apply. Here’s how to get rid of brain fog:
- Sleep Well: As we’ve noticed that insomnia is one of the many reasons brain fog occurs. So, if you change your schedule and have a proper nap routine, you’re likely to get rid of this problem.
- Change Your Diet: Try to get enough nutrients from fresh vegetables and fruits. You must emphasis on increasing the vitamin level to make your brain healthier.
- Lower Down the Stress Levels: If you see something’s stressing you out, avoid them. However, don’t take too much workload without having any vacation. Try to keep your mind fresh and you’ll solve the brain fog immediately.
- Consult a doctor: Sometimes brain fog can be a side effect of new medications. In this case, you must consult your doctor to decrease the symptoms or to get an alternative.
- Stay Hydrated: This is a common problem in most of the people out there. Whenever you’re dehydrated, your brain doesn’t get proper amount of fluids to work well. As a result, you might feel dizzy and all the other symptoms. So, you must keep yourself hydrated by drinking enough water along with maintaining a healthy diet.
How Long does Brain Fog Last?
There is no consistent period of time how long a brain fog can last. It can be for only a few minutes to several years, you can’t estimate that earlier. That’s why as soon as you see the symptoms, you must take action to get rid of it. Try to find the reasons first then apply solution to it accordingly. However, don’t try to skip it, or else you might fall into a bigger trap like detrimental diseases.
Brain fog might be a common problem these days but you should treat it like a condition. It’s very important to take care of yourself and have a healthy mind. Don’t let your brain clogged too much with excessive information that might end up leading you to discomfort. Even if it does, you know what to do from our “How to Get Rid of Brain Fog” guideline. So, try to manage yourself on your own. If needed, consult a doctor but never let your body suffer in any way.